Tuesday 21 February 2012

Back to the Future

I've had some great news this month: my proposal has been selected for an exhibition at Broadfield House Glass Museum - "Back to the Future".  The pressure's on, as the exhibition will take place during the International Festival of Glass this summer - so there should be lots of glass-obsessed visitors!

Back to the Future will celebrate 400 years - yes, that's four hundred - of glassmaking in Stourbridge (in the West Midlands).  Contemporary glass artists were asked to propose work inspired by the historic glass collections held by Dudley Council - which runs Broadfield House.












If you're close enough to visit the Museum, I'd recommend it - there really is something for everyone.  One of my favourite finds during this project was the cabinet of glass owls - the "Wilkie Cooper Collection".  The pictures show just a tiny taster!  I was definitely tempted to use them as the inspiration for my proposal - but went in an entirely different direction.  More on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment